Searsol Computer Skills Summer Camps 2018
Searsol is now offering our computer skills throughout Ireland for children who want to improve their computer skills. The course runs over the Summer period for three hours per day. The emphasis is teaching your child the fundamental skill of touch typing along with other appropriate computer skills appropriate to their age that will help them with school homework or projects. The course is suitable from the age 8 years old up to school leaving age.
Our Computer course offers the following:
- Touch Typing – the first hour of the course is dedicated to learning how to touch type.
- Email fundamentals – setting up and using email correctly. Compose, reply, and forward messages and adding attachments.
- Word Processing – create, change font’s size and colour, add page borders, headers, footers etc.
- Presentation slides – create, animate, insert images, change fonts
- File management – creating folders and sub-folders, copying documents, renaming documents (new for 2018)
- Uploading, editing and cropping pictures on the PC.
- Creating their own online comic book.
- Creating their own avatar and character
- Creating their own birthday cards.
- Creating their own Picture collages.
- Cloud storage – storing documents on the internet.
- 3D Animation code image design
- And much more…
We are taking bookings for our Summer computer skills camps. Places are limited so early booking is advised.
Computer Skills Camps
I have been using the Searsol typing programme for four years now and I have found it to be very user-friendly and beneficial to all the students who have used the programme. Each year there are about 30 students who use the programme, they find the graphics very pleasing and find the programme very enjoyable. I would highly recommend the Searsol. M Fitzpatrick - Resource Teacher
“Of all the ways in which we have tried to help David learning to typing with Searsol, it has been by far the most beneficial. For the first time David can express himself in his own words using a laptop at school.” Mary Kelly, David 10 years old
As a parent I am very happy with the progress my son has made by using the Searsol typing course. The course gave him targets to reach and improved his concentration in doing so. He finished the programme in a very short period of time due to the fun and interactive games on the course. My son is very proud to have finished the programme, he knows this typing skill will a great asset to him for the rest of his life. John Kelly, Galway
Searsol typing course has helped me to achieve a competence in typing and improve my confidence. Typing has given me a transferable skill, improved confidence and has boosted my self-esteem. I am so delighted that I have completed the Searsol typing course. Anne Burke, Blackrock, Dublin