Don't let poor handwriting slow your child's progress
Are you frustrated by the hours wasted on trying to get homework completed?
Don’t hold back your child’s progress, get them to learn how to type.
What we offer:
Classroom-based typing classes since 2008.
Multiple centres are based in Dublin, Kildare, and Cork.
Expert tutors who monitor and praise your child’s progress.
We offer classes during the week at our centres and which last for one hour.
Limited places and student numbers capped for the quality of delivery of our typing classes.
Our typing program Typwiz uses academic research provided by Trinity University, allowing your child to learn how to type in a fun and interactive way.
Apply now for a free assessment to see if your child is suitable for our course.
We don’t just care about typing. We care about your Child.Apply Now
- More than 5,000 students that have learnt to type with us.
- More than 10 million words type out.
- Average typing speed obtained on our typing course is 25 words per minute
Book a free trial at our course centre
Book free trial assessment
Get child assessed with us
Learn to type faster than you can write!
Download our free PDF how to help your child overcome poor handwriting
Claire Wilde, a proud mother of a 12-year-old boy with dyslexia and dyspraxia, expresses her gratitude towards Searsol for helping her son acquire a valuable life skill. The support and guidance provided by Sean and other course coordinators over the last two years have been immensely helpful.
We are delighted with the service that Seán and his team have provided in Blanchardstown Library. They have been working with a local community group with additional needs on a monthly basis over the past year, and we have had nothing but positive feedback from the group on this. They greatly look forward to their monthly sessions. We would not hesitate to recommend Searsol for any other engagements such as this.
“My son has dyslexia and dyspraxia. Searsol has helped my son develop a typing speed of 25 words per minute (Silver grade). Thank you to Sean and the other course tutors who we have met over the last two years”.
My son has become very proficient at typing heading towards his Silver Award (25 words per minute) in the Searsol typing classes. It took him two years before he got to this level. We haven’t looked back since the first day he started and are delighted with his progress.
– Parent with a child with dyslexia
My daughter can now type faster than she can write, she has achieved the gold standard on the Searsol typing course, which is 40 words per minute. It took her one year to achieve this. She has gained transferable skills, improved confidence, and has boosted my self-esteem. I am so delighted that I have completed the Searsol typing course.
Frequently asked questions
How long is the free trial assessment for?
The free trial assessment is an hour long and takes place as part of the class. Just drop your child off to the class and then come back at the end of the class. The class tutor will show a report on how your child got on detailing the following:
- How many exercises they did.
- Their average accuracy and word-per-minute
- What potential grade they can achieve on the course – Bronze, Silver or Gold grade.
The National Childcare Scheme (NCS)
Searsol’s Referral Program!
At Searsol, we’re excited to present our improved Referral Program designed to reward you for spreading the word about our exceptional typing classes. We understand that word-of-mouth recommendations are invaluable, and we want to acknowledge your support in a more substantial way. Here’s how our enhanced Referral Program works:
- Refer and Reap the Benefits: When you refer a friend, family member, or colleague to our typing course, and they subsequently enroll their child on our classes, you both stand to gain. Not only will they experience the incredible benefits of our typing program, but you will also earn a valuable reward!
- Your Reward: One Month of Free Tuition: As a token of our appreciation, when your referred student signs up for our typing classes after their free trial, and mentions your name during the free trial sign-up, you’ll receive a generous reward – one entire month of course fees credited to your account! This means you get to enjoy the benefits of Searsol’s classes at no cost for a whole month.
- Seamless Process: The process is effortless. Just make sure that the person you refer enters your name in the “Referral Name” field during their free trial sign-up. This step is crucial to ensure proper tracking and crediting of your account with the reward.
- The More You Refer, the More You Earn: There’s no limit to the number of referrals you can make! Every successful referral that meets the criteria will earn you another month of free tuition. So, whether you refer one student or ten, your generosity will be well-rewarded.
- Sharing the Gift of Efficient Typing: By participating in our Referral Program, you’re not only benefiting personally but also helping others discover the advantages of fast and accurate typing. Spread the word about Searsol’s transformative typing classes and contribute to creating a community of proficient typists.
Thank you for being a valued part of the Searsol community and for helping us spread the art of efficient typing!
What happens if my child can’t make class or they are not on?
If your child can’t make our typing class, they can access Typewiz at home using their passcode. The passcode can be obtained from the class tutor or email Searsol requesting it.
If the classes are not on due to midterms etc. Your child still can access Typewiz using their passcode.
Where is the class schedule located for your centre?
The class schedule is located on centre page
Select the centre that your child is attending and click on choose centre.
Click on the In Centre Class Times
The class schedule will list the weeks that the classes are not on i.e. mid terms, Christmas, Easter etc
When the classes are not on your child has the option to access Typewiz at home using their passcode.
Note they need to login in at the same time as the class they are attending in order to progress on Typewiz otherwise it is in revision mode only.
Does my child get a badge on the course?
There are three physical badges to collect on the Searsol typing course.
Bronze – average words per minute of 15
Silver – average words per minute of 25
Gold – averafge words per minute of 4o
Badges are presented by the Tutor to students once the achieved the required average words per minute
Do I need to bring a laptop to your course?
No we provide all the computer equipment so there is no need to bring a laptop to our typing course.
Can any child do the typing class or is only for children with learning differences
The Searsol typing classes are open to all children from the age of eight up to school leaving age. We teach every child that wants to learn how to type correctly using our Typewiz typing program.
Can my child learn at home online?
We offer a home package for your child to learn online by themselves. A free 7-day trial is available at https://typewiz.com/#plans
Where would I get details of Searsol computer camps?
All our camps are listed on our Searsol computer camp website:
How long is the free trial assessment? What is involved in the free trial assessment?
The free trial assessment lasts an hour, the same time as a normal class. So bring your child in at the start of the class and the class Tutor will explain everything to you. At the end of the class please come back into the classroom, the class tutor will show your child’s report on how they got on. The report will show the average word per minute that your child is currently at. The Tutor will advise what potential grade your child can achieve in our typing classes.
There are three grades in the course:
- Bronze – Average of 15 words per minute
- Silver – Average of 25 words per minute
- Gold – Average of 40 words per minute
A physical badge will be presented to your child when they achieve this grade.
Who is the Searsol after school typing classes aimed at?
The Searsol after-school touch typing classes suit the following children:
- Dyspraxia (DCD)
- Children with hypermobility
- Children with writing difficulties such as slow writing speed or illegible writing.
- Children that have a laptop exception for exams
- Any child that wants to learn how to type.
The classes are not suited for children that need one-to-one help.
Does my child need to practice at home when doing your course?
When your child starts the course they should initially do no home practice.
We like to supervise the students in our classroom environment and ensure that they are doing the typing correctly.
By doing it at home, students can pick up bad habits and cross-learning can take place.
As a student becomes more confident with touch typing and is doing the typing correctly in class, then the student can do home practice.
We will provide you with a passcode that you can obtain from the Tutor or ourselves directly. Home practice is revision only so your child can’t progress on the course only go over previous exercises that they covered in our class.
What age group do you take on the after school typing course?
We take from age of eight up to school leaving age.
Are you looking for typing classes for your child but can’t find any in your locality?
Are you looking for typing classes for your child but can’t find any in your locality?
Searsol can help you set up a Searsol tying centre in your area. We have fifteen years experience of running children-based typing classes. We use our own program Typewiz in our classes which is very child friendly and helps children learn how to type correctly.
If you want us to set up a center in your area all we need is a group of ten children who are interested in learning how to type and we can organise the rest.
Just get in touch with us on 016303384 or email info at searsol dot com
How long will it take for my child to learn how to touch type in the Searsol after school typing centre?
Each child will learn at their own pace on the course and it is difficult to answer without bringing your child up for the free trial assessment. The initial free trial assessment of an hour will allow us to access your child in our classroom. At the end of the trial session, you will show a report on how well your child did on the course and what the expected words per minute they can achieve on our typing course.
See our blog which explains in more detail how long it will take to learn how to touch type.
How do I book a free trial assessment in one of our after school typing centres?
To book a free trial assessment for your child. Do the following:
Enter your location or postcode and click on search.
Click on the free trial booking at the centre that suits you best.
Fill out the details.
We will send you an email with the confirmation of the free trial assessment.
Who is Searsol and what do you do?
Searsol was formed in 2007, we provide computer training courses to Adults and Children. We provide a range of computer courses, from after school touch typing courses, computer camps, and computer camps.