St Aidan's CBS, , Whitehall, , Dublin 9
The Searsol centre enables children from the age of eight upwards to learn the skill of touch typing. Our unique training method focuses on enabling children to work independently, giving them confidence in their typing abilities. They progress through small steps to gradually develop their accuracy and typing speed. Unlike traditional tuition, Searsol fosters students’ skill in self-learning, building confidence and lessening reliance on a teacher.
Our typing course is suitable for all children from the age of eight upwards. We work with children that have learning differences such as dyslexia, dyspraxia or other learning differences.
Your child will be initially assessed by the Searsol tutor to determine what they can achieve on our typing course. Your child will visit their local Searsol centre once a week, where their Tutor will observe their typing and ensure that they are using the right technique. Searsol’s aim is to develop each child into a confident, independent and enthusiastic learner
Our Dublin 9 centre is located in St Aidan’s CBS.
I’m Rocio Estepa and I am a Tutor at the Searsol Whitehall Centre. I have over 14 years’ of experience working in call centers for two large multinationals based in Ireland. I have held several roles during this time ranging from Customer Care Specialist to trainer. I am a professional and conscientious individual. I have experience giving grinds to Junior and Leaving cert students in Spanish.
The Searsol typing class offers an amazing opportunity to obtain a life skill for children and young adults aged 8-17. The program is designed to record accuracy and speed in which students can monitor their progress every week in a friendly and fun environment.
Tuesday3.55 to 4.55pm
Tuesday4.55 to 5:55pm
Classes follow the school term. Classes run from September to May. No classes on the following dates: October mid-term Christmas February mid-term Easter Classes finish end of June and start back in September.
Whitehall, Dublin Center Address:
St Aidan's CBS
Computer Room Directions:
Parking is available at Collins Avenue, you can enter through the side green gate. Computer room: 1 - Enter through the main entrance via red double doors, take the first right and computer room 1 is on the right-hand side (red door).
Most Popular Questions
The free trial assessment is an hour long and takes place as part of the class. Just drop your child off to the class and then come back at the end of the class. The class tutor will show a report on how your child got on detailing the following:
- How many exercises they did.
- Their average accuracy and word-per-minute
- What potential grade they can achieve on the course – Bronze, Silver or Gold grade.
Searsol’s Referral Program!
At Searsol, we’re excited to present our improved Referral Program designed to reward you for spreading the word about our exceptional typing classes. We understand that word-of-mouth recommendations are invaluable, and we want to acknowledge your support in a more substantial way. Here’s how our enhanced Referral Program works:
- Refer and Reap the Benefits: When you refer a friend, family member, or colleague to our typing course, and they subsequently enroll their child on our classes, you both stand to gain. Not only will they experience the incredible benefits of our typing program, but you will also earn a valuable reward!
- Your Reward: One Month of Free Tuition: As a token of our appreciation, when your referred student signs up for our typing classes after their free trial, and mentions your name during the free trial sign-up, you’ll receive a generous reward – one entire month of course fees credited to your account! This means you get to enjoy the benefits of Searsol’s classes at no cost for a whole month.
- Seamless Process: The process is effortless. Just make sure that the person you refer enters your name in the “Referral Name” field during their free trial sign-up. This step is crucial to ensure proper tracking and crediting of your account with the reward.
- The More You Refer, the More You Earn: There’s no limit to the number of referrals you can make! Every successful referral that meets the criteria will earn you another month of free tuition. So, whether you refer one student or ten, your generosity will be well-rewarded.
- Sharing the Gift of Efficient Typing: By participating in our Referral Program, you’re not only benefiting personally but also helping others discover the advantages of fast and accurate typing. Spread the word about Searsol’s transformative typing classes and contribute to creating a community of proficient typists.
Thank you for being a valued part of the Searsol community and for helping us spread the art of efficient typing!
If your child can’t make our typing class, they can access Typewiz at home using their passcode. The passcode can be obtained from the class tutor or email Searsol requesting it.
If the classes are not on due to midterms etc. Your child still can access Typewiz using their passcode.
The class schedule is located on centre page
Select the centre that your child is attending and click on choose centre.
Click on the In Centre Class Times
The class schedule will list the weeks that the classes are not on i.e. mid terms, Christmas, Easter etc
When the classes are not on your child has the option to access Typewiz at home using their passcode.
Note they need to login in at the same time as the class they are attending in order to progress on Typewiz otherwise it is in revision mode only.