Carlow, Co Carlow
Bishop Foley Memorial School, , Carlow, , R93P825
About this centre
The Searsol Carlow centre enables children from the age of eight upwards to learn the skill of touch typing. Our unique training method focuses on enabling children to work independently, giving them confidence in their typing abilities. They progress through small steps to gradually develop their accuracy and typing speed. Unlike traditional tuition, Searsol fosters students’ skills in self-learning, building confidence and lessening reliance on a teacher.
Our typing course is suitable for all children from the age of eight upwards. We work with children that have learning differences such as dyslexia, dyspraxia or other learning differences.
Your child will be initially assessed by the Searsol tutor to determine what they can achieve in our typing course. Your child will visit their local Searsol centre once a week, where their Tutor will observe their typing and ensure that they are using the right technique. Searsol’s aim is to develop each child into a confident, independent and enthusiastic learner
Our Carlow centre is located in Bishop Foley Memorial School
Hi, my name is Philip Mullins. I am a primary school teacher from Carlow with more than 7 years of experience working with children of all ages and abilities. I graduated from University College Cork with a degree in Economics and Computer Science. I returned to education where I completed a Professional Masters of Primary Education from Hibernia College, Dublin. I have been working in Carlow town since 2017.
From my work, I have experience working with children with dyslexia, dyspraxia (DCD) and a vast array of different types of children. I believe in building relationships with children, I try to encourage children and create an enjoyable environment for children to flourish.
I am excited to be working with Searsol and believe the Typewiz programme teaches children how to touch-type in a fun, relaxed and structured environment. The programme is suited for children from 8-17. The programme will teach children important life skill that will boost confidence and their self-esteem.
I look forward to meeting you in our Carlow Searsol centre.
Tuesday4.30 to 5.30 pm
Classes follow the school term. Classes run from September to June. No classes on the following dates: October mid-term Classes finish end of June and start back in September.
Carlow, Co Carlow Center Address:
Bishop Foley Memorial School
Computer Room Directions:
You can enter the school through the front blue door, you will go through another set of doors and go left down the hall. The computer room is found in room 7.
Most Popular Questions
The free trial assessment is an hour long and takes place as part of the class. Just drop your child off to the class and then come back at the end of the class. The class tutor will show a report on how your child got on detailing the following:
- How many exercises they did.
- Their average accuracy and word-per-minute
- What potential grade they can achieve on the course – Bronze, Silver or Gold grade.
Searsol’s Referral Program!
At Searsol, we’re excited to present our improved Referral Program designed to reward you for spreading the word about our exceptional typing classes. We understand that word-of-mouth recommendations are invaluable, and we want to acknowledge your support in a more substantial way. Here’s how our enhanced Referral Program works:
- Refer and Reap the Benefits: When you refer a friend, family member, or colleague to our typing course, and they subsequently enroll their child on our classes, you both stand to gain. Not only will they experience the incredible benefits of our typing program, but you will also earn a valuable reward!
- Your Reward: One Month of Free Tuition: As a token of our appreciation, when your referred student signs up for our typing classes after their free trial, and mentions your name during the free trial sign-up, you’ll receive a generous reward – one entire month of course fees credited to your account! This means you get to enjoy the benefits of Searsol’s classes at no cost for a whole month.
- Seamless Process: The process is effortless. Just make sure that the person you refer enters your name in the “Referral Name” field during their free trial sign-up. This step is crucial to ensure proper tracking and crediting of your account with the reward.
- The More You Refer, the More You Earn: There’s no limit to the number of referrals you can make! Every successful referral that meets the criteria will earn you another month of free tuition. So, whether you refer one student or ten, your generosity will be well-rewarded.
- Sharing the Gift of Efficient Typing: By participating in our Referral Program, you’re not only benefiting personally but also helping others discover the advantages of fast and accurate typing. Spread the word about Searsol’s transformative typing classes and contribute to creating a community of proficient typists.
Thank you for being a valued part of the Searsol community and for helping us spread the art of efficient typing!
If your child can’t make our typing class, they can access Typewiz at home using their passcode. The passcode can be obtained from the class tutor or email Searsol requesting it.
If the classes are not on due to midterms etc. Your child still can access Typewiz using their passcode.
The class schedule is located on centre page
Select the centre that your child is attending and click on choose centre.
Click on the In Centre Class Times
The class schedule will list the weeks that the classes are not on i.e. mid terms, Christmas, Easter etc
When the classes are not on your child has the option to access Typewiz at home using their passcode.
Note they need to login in at the same time as the class they are attending in order to progress on Typewiz otherwise it is in revision mode only.